At Yago School we are at the forefront of educational trends, so the following basic methodological principles are established:
- We favor autonomy and participation.
- We encourage positive criticism.
- We help children form moral judgment.
- We develop cooperation among pupils.
- We educate in values.
- We pay attention to the diversity of learning rhythms with positive reinforcement.
- We enhance the individual qualities of each pupil.
- We incorporate an active and participatory learning method, based on the principles of meaningful learning.
- Learning is acquired in an atmosphere of affection and trust, to boost self-esteem and the social integration of pupils.
- Learning to learn-Knowing how to perfect their study and researchtechniques, the pupilsbecome self-taught. Developing their skills and knowledge meansthey will get successful results in any task they undertake.
- Cooperative – Collaborative learning is a didactic approach that advocates the acquisition of knowledge through the dynamics of group work and social interaction. This interaction activates pupils’ mental processes such as reasoning, understanding and critical thinking. Its goal is for pupils to build their own learning and to be enriched through the exchange of ideas and cooperation with their peers.
- Flipped Classroom, or inverted classroom, which promotes the acquisition of information outside class time – through the support of technology – and the discussion, deepening and construction of knowledge in the classroom. Pupils assume responsibility for their own learning.
- PBL (Project or Problem Based Learning) – Project-based or problem-based learning is a methodology that challenges pupils to become protagonists of their own learning by developing projects that respond to real-life problems. Much more motivating than traditional methods, it helps pupils achieve meaningful learning.
- Multiple intelligences.- The 8 intelligences of Gadner never exist in isolation and in each pupil the 8 intelligences work differently. David Goleman’s emotional intelligence delves into intrapersonal intelligence (self-knowledge) and interpersonal intelligence (interaction with others). It posits that people with high emotional intelligence manage to have greater success in their life.
Through the points described above, the pupils will develop their own knowledge, step by step.