A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to, among other things, store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their computer, can be used to recognize the user.
Cookies used for any of the following purposes are exempt from the obligations established in article 22.2 of Law 34/2002 LSSICE:
- Criteria A: Allow only communication between the user’s computer and the network.
- Criteria B: Strictly provide a service expressly requested by the user.
That is to say, among the cookies that are exceptional are those that have as a purpose:
- Cookies related to «user entry».
- Cookies related to authentication or identification of the user (session only).
- Cookies related to user security.
- Cookies related to a media player session.
- Cookies related to a load balancing session.
- Cookies related to personalization of the user interface.
- Cookies related to plug-ins to exchange social content.
In the case of Criteria B, the cookie offering an information society service would have to meet the following two conditions:
- the cookie is necessary to provide a specific functionality to the user (or subscriber): if the cookies do not work, the functionality will not be provided.
- the functionality has been explicitly requested by the user (or subscriber), as part of an information society service.
- Cookies related to user security.
The first layer will show essential information about the existence of cookies, whether they are your own or a third party’s, and the purposes of the cookies used, as well as ways to give consent.
In the second layer, it would inform about what the cookies are and what they are used for, the types of cookies used and their purpose, as well as the way to deactivate or eliminate the cookies stated through the functionalities provided by the editor, the tools provided by the browser or the terminal or through the common platforms that may exist, for this purpose or, if applicable, the way to revoke the consent already given. Also, in this second layer it offers information about the identification of who uses the cookies; that is, if the information obtained by the cookies is treated only by the editor and/or also by third parties with the identification of those with whom you have contracted or whose services the publisher has decided to integrate.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when it connects to the Internet; the website’s servers will be able to automatically detect the IP address and domain name used by the user. All this information is recorded in a duly registered server activity file that allows the subsequent processing of the data in order to obtain only statistical measurements that make it possible to know the number of page impressions, the number of visits made to the web services, the order of visits, the point of access, etc.
The website uses information security techniques generally accepted in the industry, such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptographic mechanisms, all with the aim of preventing unauthorized access to data. To achieve these purposes, the user/client accepts that the provider obtains data for the purposes of the corresponding access control authentication.
Any process that involves the introduction of personal data of a high nature (health, ideology, etc.) will always be transmitted by secure communication protocol (https:// …) with SSL certificate, so that no third party has access to the information transmitted electronically.