Yago School’s principles have been built on five educational pillars: traditional values, bilingualism, sports, music and new technologies. Five bases that, combined with a demanding academic training, provide our pupils with an extremely solid foundation from which to succeed in both their personal and professional lives. Yago School offers an international curriculum based on the Spanish educational curriculum using English as the main source of communication during the school day and in order to attain complete mastery of the language.
Most important are the traditional values, so necessary in today’s society, of respect, discipline, effort, autonomy, tolerance, responsibility, friendship and solidarity which are prerequisites for the pupils’ optimum approach to learning. Without these, knowledge is never completely achieved; therefore, for us education begins by addressing these essential humanistic qualities first.
The main objective of Yago School’s education project is the comprehensive education and upbringing of our pupils, so we enrich the educational process with a wide range of cultural, sports, artistic, humanitarian, environmental and recreational activities, essential in the upbringing of all our pupils.
At Yago School our main objectives include:
- Promotion of multilingual education: Spanish, English and Chinese
- Promotion of values that encourage respect for human rights and open dialogueto further horizons
- Encouragement of pupils to cooperate with others, to be sensitive to the needs of others and respect other cultures, religions and lifestyles.
- Help to develop self-assessment strategies, discipline in one’s studies and an appreciation of a job well done.
- Enhance experience, knowledge, imagination and comprehension
- Develop active and analytical minds, as well as the capability to question, discuss, etc.
- Develop musical, cultural and artistic activities shaping the personality of the pupils
- Provide an international, solid and varied academic education based on the Spanish educational system syllabus
- Train the pupils in the use of new technologies
- Inform the pupils of the advantages of practising sports and living healthy lives
- Teach respect for the environment as an essential element of human life
Ultimately, at Yago School we are completely transforming the educational-learning system so that our students can successfully confront many of the educational challenges of the 21st century, by offering an international curriculum based on the Spanish educational system and by using the English language as a communicative instrument inside and outside the classroom.